Enforcement of a County Court Judgment – what options do you have?

  • Posted

Have you obtained a County Court Judgment (“CCJ”) but despite this you have still not received the money owed to you?

All too often we receive new enquiries relating to a CCJ that has been obtained but remains unpaid by the debtor. This is extremely frustrating after the time, effort and cost that has been put in to obtaining the CCJ. At this stage the creditor is naturally frustrated, angry and concerned about incurring further costs.

In many instances a CCJ will prompt payment but it is never guaranteed and you should always start with the end in mind and be aware that there is a possibility that you will be in a position of needing to enforce the CCJ.

It is sensible to take a step back and consider whether you are likely to obtain any money from the debtor. Your chances of successfully enforcing a Judgment can be greatly increased if you consider any knowledge you may have as to the assets of the Defendant.

There are various options open to you to enforce the CCJ which are relatively low in cost.
Head over to our enforcement page to see an overview of the various different methods


This will give you an overview of the options and we are available should you wish us to discuss the most suitable option for your case.

If you need further assistance enforcing an unpaid CCJ then contact Penny Daisley by email at ped@debenhamsottaway.co.uk or by telephone on 01727 738246.